Posted on December 8, 2020
Window Treatment Ideas that Help Sell Your Home
If you’re selling your home, your window treatments – curtains, blinds, etc. – will often be included with the property. They are an important selling feature. So, when a prospective buyer views your home, looks at the front window with its gorgeous draperies, and says, “Wow!”, that’s a good thing.
If you’re thinking of upgrading your window treatments in preparation for selling, here are a few ideas:
- Buyers love to see vertical blinds on sliding patio doors. Installing these is a DIY-friendly project.
- You may have a window that, for whatever reason, doesn’t need a curtain or blind. That’s fine. But, if you want to dress it up, consider a nice-looking valance.
- If you have a window that looks dark, heavy or otherwise “over curtained”, strip it down.
- Removing an inner curtain, for example, can dramatically lighten up the window as well as the entire room.
- Replace any worn or stained curtains. There are many affordable, mid-quality curtains available that look terrific. Alternatively try sending stained curtains to the cleaners.
Window coverings may seem minor when preparing your home for sale, but they make a difference in how your home looks overall.