Updated on August 11, 2022
Updated on July 19, 2022
There are few things more beautiful than cut flowers in a vase. They instantly brighten any room. That is, of course, until they wilt and die. So how do you make cut flowers last as long as possible? Here are some ideas:
* Cut the bottom of the stems before you put the flowers in the vase. An angled cut is best as this will enable the flower to draw in more water.
* Add a fertilizer to the water. Most flower shops include a pouch with the order. Follow the directions carefully. Don’t use too much.
* Make sure the vase is high enough to support the flowers. Too much strain on the stems will cause the flowers to die sooner.
* After a couple of days, re-snip the stems. This will add an additional day or two to the life of the flowers.
* Flowers last longer if you put them in the fridge (in water) overnight. That’s why florists store cut flowers in cool rooms.
Finally, watch the water level and top up as required. Older cut flowers will die quickly when starved of water — even for just a couple of hours.
#happybuyers #happysellers #saanich #victoriabc #langford #colwood #sidneybc #realestatevictoriabc #janejohnston #briarhillgroup #remaxvictoriabc #remax #clienttestimonial #saanich #yyjrealestate #victoriarealtor
Posted on July 13, 2022
What do you need — at minimum — to get started?
If you’re looking for ways to get your ducks in a row, here are some things to prepare:
- A property wish list. What does your ideal home look like? How many bedrooms does it need to have? Do you require a spacious recreational room? A large deck? A pool? A nice view? Get your wish list down on paper.
- A neighbourhood wish list. Where you live is just as important as what you live in. What qualities are you looking for in a neighbourhood? A nearby park? Walking distance to a good school? Hiking trails? A shorter drive to work? Write it down.
- A pre-approved mortgage. Getting the financing handled up front takes the guesswork out of what you can afford. Home sellers will also take any offers you make more seriously.
- Realistic expectations. 99.9% of homes sell at or near the current market value. So, don’t expect to find a bargain that no one else has noticed.
Looking for more advice on finding your next dream home? Call today 250-744-0775