Posted on August 4, 2021
Beyond Boxes: Packing Materials You May Need for your Move
As you probably know, when you’re preparing to move, you’ll need boxes and tape — and, perhaps some bubble-wrap or old newspapers to use as protective wrapping for delicate items.
But that may not be all you need. Take a look at this list and see if you want to have any of these on hand while you’re packing or on your moving day:
* Colour markers for labelling boxes. (Tip: Colour coding boxes by room will make unpacking much easier.)
* Stretch wrap to protect larger items that can’t fit into a box.
* Small plastic bags to store disassembled parts, such as sofa legs, cabinet hardware, etc. (You don’t want to lose them!)
* Moving blankets to protect floors.
* A dolly or hand truck to move heavy items. (You can rent these.)
* Mattress moving bags. These help prevent stains and tears during your move. You can also buy specialty bags for sofas and tables.
* Reusable foam furniture sliders, to protect floors when furniture needs to be pushed into place.
* Foam corner protectors. These prevent furniture with sharp corners from banging and damaging other items during a move.
Planning ahead and having the right packing and moving materials on hand will make your move less stressful and, hopefully, damage-free!